So I’m gonna admit it. I’m stressed out over Worlds.
I’m trying to show a calm demeanor, anyone who asks “are you nervous?”, receives a shrug and “nah” response from me.
Yea, I lie.
During the day, I’m training and working hard – so I don’t really have time to worry. But at night… Well, i am writing this at 1 AM.
So I’m going to go through everything I’m nervous about, and hopefully talk myself down enough to sleep.
1. I’ve gotta get everything organized for the trip! Got so much to do and not enough time!
– there is plenty of time, and I have a list. Everything is already taken care of actually. Plane, housing, transportation, etc.
2. Making weight!
– I stress every time over this. Sometimes it’s even more stressful than worrying about my matches! But I’ve never NOT made weight. Closest I’ve come is 1.5lbs under. I’m already several under – if I avoid pigging out on pizza in the next few days I’ll be just fine.
3. My shoulder is torn up. Really bad biceps tendinitis is making quite a few shoulder motions excruciating. Doc told me I need 4-6 weeks of rest. It’s making training difficult.
– ok, a legit worry. Doc doesn’t seem to think I’m in danger of it tearing in half though. I’ll have time to rest after, and I’ve proven in the past that pain actually helps me focus and do better in matches.
Oddly enough, none of my worry is about how I’ll do in my matches. I’ve put in my time, and I don’t know of anything I could do to be more ready. I’ve been giving everyone at my gym more trouble than I ever have before. I’ve drilled my moves until I catch myself trying to strangle my poor dog in his sleep.
It is ON!