I have been tossing around the idea of whether or not I should compete at the Master World Championships in Vegas this year. I decided to use a pros vs. cons list to make my decision.
- It is three weeks before I go to Japan to compete
- I haven’t worked out all my expenses for Japan yet
- I injured my knee pretty badly last year there and it still gives me trouble
- It’s going to be extremely hot, like, miserable
- The schedule is currently a big blob of jelly where blue belts are concerned
- It’s one more thing on my plate to try to budget and organize for
- I just really don’t appreciate/like Vegas (don’t drink or gamble, what else is there to do?)
- It’s the Master World Championships
I guess that settles it. I’m going to the Master World Championships.